Moms spend their days running around doing stuff for everyone else in the family except for themselves. Here are some great ideas to let your mother know she is appreciated and loved for all she does. I think the best gift is to give her is the gift of time to do whatever she wishes without kids in tow. Read below some ideas and make her day special. Happy Mother's day on May 13! To all you mothers out there you deserve a day, so take it!
Whether you are looking for suggestions or strong hints to your husband or need to get a gift for your mom, here are some helpful ideas:
- Hanging basket, rather then the cut flowers that usually only last a week, get a beautiful hanging basket for their front entrance or patio
- The Kobo reader or similar reader, this is a little bit pricier but can be a great gift, maybe even purchase some e-books for them of their favourite hobby, author or recipes. (sale price $99 at futureshop.ca)
- Make some baked goods of her favourite goodies and put them in a box or basket for a special treat
- Make a Mother’s Day craft with or without the kids! Lots of ideas online and on http://pinterest.com there is also some of my compiled ones as well click here
- Place des arts's Artisan Shop in Coquitlam is well stocked with beautiful, one-of-a-kind artisan wares that are perfect for showing your mother how much you care. Their knowledgeable staff will help you choose just the right gift.
- Buy some beautiful handmade pottery at the The North Delta Potters Guild Annual Spring Pottery Sale this May 4 & 5
- Spa - Okay what mom doesn’t want a spa gift certificate. If you can’t find babysitting for her to go to the spa, give her a gift certificate to the “The Mom Spa” where babysitting is part of the service! Located in South Surrey. www.themomspa.ca/
- Can’t afford the spa, look up some home made spa ideas and create for her, her own spa at home. Some ideas here