London Heritage Farm

London Heritage Farm website
General Information:

Located at the south end of Gilbert Road and west to 6511 Dyke Road in sunny Steveston.

London Heritage Farm is a heritage site of 4.6 acres overlooking the south arm of the Fraser River. A lovely 1890s farmhouse was built on the site by the London family and has been completely restored and fully furnished for that period. Around the house are fragrant herb and flower gardens - a beautiful setting for strolling, picnics or to just enjoy the peace and quiet of the area.

Other attractions on the site include the restored Spragg family barn, hand tool museum, tea room, 1910 buggy and 1952 Ferguson tractor.


Charles Edwin London, aged 16, and his brother William, aged 17, arrived in British Columbia from Ontario in 1877. Three years later, the brothers purchased 200 acres of land for $2000, erected a small farmhouse and began clearing and draining the land in preparation for farming. In 1888, Charles married Henrietta Dalzeil of Dalbeattie, Scotland, and started building the farmhouse that still stands today. The farmhouse was built in two stages, with the back, northern wing being completed first and the front, southern part of the house added in the 1890s and finished in 1898.

The house is situated in its original location. In addition to the house and farm, the London’s established a general store and post office and built a wharf to receive supplies and to ship their milk and produce (hay, oats and vegetables) to New Westminister. Charles and Henrietta London had eight children, of whom three died in infancy as was common in those days. Henrietta died in 1916 and the family stayed at London Farm only another three years before selling up and moving to the Marpole area of Vancouver.

However, in 1921, Lucy (the London’s eldest daughter) and her husband, Herbert Howse, bought the farm back. They farmed and raise their family at London Farm until 1948. Thereafter, the farmhouse was rented by a series of families until its purchase by the City of Richmond in 1978.

Zoos, Farms & Critters 

Check out these Deals!